Monday, December 19, 2011

Once a night

Once a night I'll go,
To my view of the world.
I'll kneel, clasp my hands and pray...
Sometimes, I would peek to look outside.
I suddenly find myself basked in heaven's light.

I quickly shut my eyes, and pretend to look away,
Speaking my thoughts in my head, telling them what I say.
I may be Agnostic, and have no faith... that doesn't mean I can't pray.

When I get off from work, and I drive the long way home,
I reach my house, get out of my car and stare...
The wind is dead, the animals asleep...
The air is fresh, and smells way too clean.
Whoever knew the night can be so bright...
When you find yourself basked in heavens... light.

I gently close my eyes, take that one deep breath,
Then I imagine and speak what's in my head.
I don't know anyone will find me, but I share my prayer,
With the stars in the skies, especially the bright one to the East.
Facing where I know the sun will rise...

I clasp my hands to touch my cheek,
Cause I know an angel was with me.
I cannot vow to know, that I was sure.
Perhaps they heard my prayer, perhaps they heard my need!
However that I will never know,
Perhaps someone may see my sadness in Heaven's... glow.

No comments:

Post a Comment