Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Lonely Flower

This wound may never heal
Why are you still here? Go away,
I don't want to see your face
I want a cloud, to hide you,
Like it does to the sun
For darkness to cover the earth

I did everything for you,
What have you done for me?
I was your friend, I was there
When you were in dire need
For someone to listen,
for someone to respect

When you were but a seedling,
About to be crushed,
by a single storm
I clasped my hands around,
Sheltered you, from the rain
Watched you grow, laugh
Watched you cry, watched you go

I felt something, I didn't know what
I am confused, lost, what, I don't know
What am I doing? What am I feeling!

Years passed, I avoided talk
In fear of igniting that spark,
That flame... in my heart
I see you once again
It was inevitable, I should have been prepared
Why is it, I dart all around, when you
are to be found
No longer a seedling, you have grown
Into a flower, blooming, your appreciation
For yourself, long overdue
I felt, cheer and joy for you!
However as all things have come to pass,
You have moved on, and...
This wound will never heal

No comments:

Post a Comment