Friday, March 23, 2012

Wishing That I Never Dreamed

The moments before I dreamed to sleep,
I was angry, upset and mad
Making life the worst kind of living...

The dream took me by surprise
Creating a joy so great,
I must have been living

It wasn't without a journey on it's own,
A sadness mingled as I discovered you all alone
You confessed how you had hated me all these years
How my hopes and dreams, dashed, betrayed 
And wasted by your own hand.

My guardian angels, always so kind
They allowed me to cry without judgement,
Embracing me in an endless light; until
They came...

People came and wasted that emotion,
They put you in danger, my love for you
Rose and surged within my person
I was unafraid and I embraced you, as
As the world stormed around us,
Together we dangled in the wind when all else,
Had failed to stay together or tethered

Afterwards, it was too late
My grudge came and I was determined
To leave you forever, but you stayed
I stayed with you, only bitterness in my mouth
However you loved me then, I gave in and loved back

I conjured non-magical jewelry,
Accessories cheap, you still
Embraced me, with so little strength
I lifted you, and spun you in the air
You were as light as a feather

We then kissed, I remember every detail
As if it were real, my life at that moment
Was joyous ecstasy, your lips soft
Inviting, we fell backwards and rolled down green
Lush hills with summer air and...

I woke, crying, "No! Why! I wanted more!"
Alas, I realized that was a dream
I could not ever dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment