Thursday, March 1, 2012

Missing Something

It will be better, if you and I
Snuffed out this flame that I have.
Because, no matter where I go
I will always be watching over you.
Clearing the paths that you will go,
Drying puddles and putting out danger.

I will always follow you,
With no hope for myself but all for you.
No matter how you see me,
I never see you differently.
Always close to my heart, special.

I know that fighting is useless,
"Move on," I tell myself.
Too bad, I just gave my life to her.
When I think of her, did she ever think of me?
I know that she doesn't care about me at all.
So my sacrifices grew less over years,
But I grew more willing without complaint.
Finding only a shell of joy in your presence.
An addicting shell, that left me wanting more.
I, just don't want to let you know
Why I would follow you around the world.
Instead, I rather die, and disappear.
With no trace, I would like to think I did something
Useful to someone for once, before I flew into the wind.
Yet, I can't let go and fly into that wind.

Too late, I gave another part of myself to you.
I find myself, missing my own soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment