Monday, March 19, 2012

Tabula Rasa

A wave of anxiety, crashes
Over my nerves, like an ocean
Over a lowered sea wall.
Barely kept out, it stays within
Until the ocean it left behind.
Dries within my person.

When that ocean is gone, it leaves
Fear, a fear of losing... something.
It looks strange, perhaps it's what I
Never or will ever have.

The thought of it permeates through my pores,
Seeping deeper into my skin.
An infection, it cannot go away overnight.
The bottle of penicillin is gone, stolen
Away into the night never to be seen.

Where is my salvation?
I've got friends standing with me,
To talk about things, creating unwanted pain.
Yet, it may be the only way, slowly
Progress is made; To live in peace away,
From what I created.
Feeling nothing, but the soft scented warmth,
Of lighted candles on my path.

No comments:

Post a Comment